Sunday 4 October 2015

Fluff.

Evening!  

So to take a break from painting my second Shepheard and Deathstalker I thought I'd talk fluff. 

Coming for a background rooted in GW games I've had nearly 25 years of a world to immerse myself in and enjoy. I feel like I've walked the streets of The Empire and trod the trails through Athel Loren. As you might have guessed- to me, fluff is important. I need it to 'live' the game. I want to feel the that I know what my characters are going through etc. Lame?  Maybe, but it's what I enjoy. 

As such, I've started to immerse myself in the world of WMH. Initial thoughts?  I'm liking it. It feels like PP haven't just taken all the paradigms of fantasy or sci fi and slapped their own branding on the top. Yes there are good guys and baddies, references to the real world and elves- but the meld and lack of realiance on one particular genre works nicely. 

So i throw it open to the floor- do games need the fluff, the back story and the cannon?

No comments:

Post a Comment