Monday 27 July 2015

Learning Runes pt2.

Won 5 lost 3.
Learning 'Runes' has been fun so far. 

Killing Caine2 twice in a row was awesome, struggling again Morvanna2 was not. Turns out Mulg is great with Goad and Fortune. He isn't great when you advance him too far forward and allow two legion beasts to kill him turn 2 (yes I fucked up).

I have recently been pairing with EE - original I know. EE is amazingly fun and was fantastic against Dave's Cryx. More on that later this week. 

What have I learnt so far with Runes? 

Well, where to begin. I love Runeshapers and find them to be essential at getting work done. They have cleared zones and destroyed objectives in most games, but importantly, they have knocked down some important targets with Rock Hammer. The Runeshapers with Jannissa make the lair in my opinion. Having four units of steady trolls at ARM17 with 5 wounds is back breaking against some lists. The Force Lock makes it even better, stopping Morvanna2 getting to Doomshaper on the final table at a recent tournament was the best moment of playing Runes yet. 


At the moment I am considering dropping the Mauler for an extra two units of Runeshapers. I haven't had to use Rage at all yet and feel the extra two units could get more work done. However, having three heavy beasts is a massive threat so I will keep playing but the list before I make changes. 

One thing I have noticed that screws the list is anti-magic. Druids' Counter Magic previously, and this morning having Bradigus cast Mystic Ward, was back breaking. Runeshapers really struggle to do anything worthwhile in those instances. If you want to deny this list, Counter Magic or similar abilities appear to be the way to do it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment