Tuesday 19 January 2016

From druid to tyrant. Skorne for 2016.

Hello guys, It's Aaron here and I've made a bold choice. After playing Circle Orobos straight  for 4 years I've decided for 2016 it's time to shake it up. For me, 2016 is the year of the master race and Skorne. I'm super excited about the change and It's really breathed a breath of fresh air into the game for me. I was probably at about 150+ games with Kreuger2 as well as the usual culprits and as much as the game is my favorite game for me it was getting a little stagnant in my own play.

Mid november I took the plunge, and ordered my 2 Skorne lists which are as follows:

Makeda2
Molik Kahn
Bronzeback Titan
Titan Gladiator
Nilators (Max)
Swordsmen (Max)
Incindarii (Min)
Beast handlers (Min)
Willbreaker
Extoller

Paired with

Xerxis1 (Fist, Tier 2)
Archidon
Cetrati (Max)
Cetrati (Min) /w Vorkesh
Arcuarii (Min)
Arcuarii (Min)
Arcuarii (Min)
Incindiarii (Min)
Incindiarii (Min)
TyCom.

Right off the bat, I didn't spend ages crafting a pair in which I think is the most competitive pairing for Skorne, I didn't think about my pairings or what I can or can't play. I simply picked this stuff because A) It looked fun B) It's different to circle C) I liked the look of it. I love the look of the Skorne range and the models in the above lists have my favorite in it. I'm currently 33 games in with Skorne since mid November and darn are they a blast to play. These lists bring me a whole different game to circle, from extreme brute force, extremely long threat ranges, durable en mass multi wound infantry as well as weapon master infantry. I could not be enjoying the game more right now and with that buzz I've even picked up a brush and painted something, which for me is a big deal. I own the whole Circle Orobos faction painted, with enough models for every tier I have painted 20-30 models in it, I've either had it commissioned or bought it painted so for me to find that buzz to paint for my self is huge.

On that brush stroke, I thought I'd share some of my painting. I will be attending the Welsh nationals this year and that is a 3 list event in which I plan to bring Makeda2, Fist and Mordikaar. I'm yet to buy my Mordikaar list and won't do so until my first 2 lists are completed. I've started with Makeda2 and for the moment her battle group done.

Here is a WIP progress shot of my Bronzeback, I'm rarely content with my own painting but I'm super happy how this guy ended up so I thought I'd share him, more pictures of him to come! 


Next up is Molik Kahn, this guy was a pleasure to paint and I love the aesthetic of this model. It encapsulates everything in Skorne that I was looking for in the detail, look and presence of the model.





The last model in the battle group was my Titan gladiator, which was easy to make half good with a bit of dry brushing and a wash (Praise the lord for washes)




And lastly but not least Makeda2 her self, and a group shot of the whole gang.






I'm pretty happy with how they have come out, I'm under no illustion of my painting level (which is low, at best). A bit of dry brushing and washes have gone a long way and I'm happy these guys have got to a decent table top level.

That's it for this post! Next I'm going to be looking into my 3 list pairing for the Welsh Nationals, pulling that apart and hopefully discussing it with you all.

Thanks for reading, would love to see a photo of your guys current hobby project, or to discuss what yours plans for 2016 for the game.

Thanks again and see you again soon!

4 comments:

  1. I remain the only put off by Moliks head?

    Good luck Skorning it up, not so sure they are the "master race" though, just highly socially segregated outside limited generational advancement.

    Those paintjobs look more than par for TT quality, so I'd say your medium rather than low (exact scale tbd at later date)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man! Thank you for the read and the reply.

    I don't mind his head, but maybe I'm the minority. Thank you for the kind words on the painting, they look nice enough from table top distance so I'm happy with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are enjoying Skorne, I look forward to playing against them more!
    About the painting I think you sell yourself a little short. They are nicely painted, which is much much better than unpainted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks tom means a lot, I look forward to more to games!

    ReplyDelete