Wednesday 17 February 2016

Getting bent over and rammed with COC.

Playing Sherwin is always a challenge. Playing Sherwin's COC is a step up. I have been tabled repeatedly by Lucant, smashed by Syntherion and even assassinated by Aurora. Sherwin is a great player (he even wins with Pigs) and I have probably only beaten him twice in two years. On Monday, I chose to face his beautifully painted horde of mechanical killers. Needless to say I lost, but I do think I learnt a lot.
Wow Axis tier is fast! AD and getting the roll for first meant he was up the table like a rocket.

I replied by running my trolls in his face. I feared the spray unit. Being Rat5 meant they would still hit and kill most of my trolls on average dice. My rescent luck with the dice gods vanished in this game. I can't complain, I have had games where I have made 15+ tough rolls, in this game I may have made 5.

His turn 2 started with him bringing back dudes, removing my Fire Eaters and getting even further up the board. Importantly, he did place a razor wall outside his zone (not in the photo) so my Fenns couldn't get in easily. 

Without going into much detail, I spent my next turn trying to kill as much as I could. I had to pop feat as well as take out his objective. By the time my turn was over I had killed a lot. Unfortunately, I knew a lot of them would be coming back. The dead pile was looking good though.


Sherwin then killed me. I had left Madrak on 2 transfers and with 2 guys within grim salvation. Sherwin cleared the lanes with the spray guys (remember I feared them from the start) and charged with his Jacks. Three attacks made Madrak bite the dust.

So what did I learn? Well, Sherwin is still a great player. Axis' tier is pretty solid. Trolls hate the spray guys. But most of all, Madrak is a great mele caster, it's just a shame when clever opponents keep their caster safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment