Tuesday 9 June 2015

A little long in the Carnivean tooth

Greetings one and all,
                              I'm Rodders and have been playing Warmachine/Hordes for nigh on 10 years now. I started waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay in mk1 back not long after Hordes was first released. I never liked the look of Warjacks at first and played the game with 2 other friends at a local gaming club who sold it to me as "like wrestling with giant steam robots".  After a game of battlebox mangled metal I was initially put off the game and thought it lacked strategy (oh how wrong was I?). I paid a visit to another reasonably local club with my best mate Dave (we all have a mate called Dave right?) and saw Hordes being rolled out for the first time and Warmachine played with units and thought to myself "Now I see this game has legs". I bought the Legion Battle Box and a Nephlim Soldier The next day and was hooked from then on playing solely Legion thoughout the entirety of mk1.

Most of my play up until the release of mk2 was friendly play with stuff we liked the look of rather than things that have good synergies. However Since mk2  I have played in a more competitive manner along with dabbling in a bit of Retribution of Scyah, Cryx and Khador for a time but am now faction monogamous with my first love Legion (for now).

Expect to see some painting articles from me as I'm currently repainting all the Legion I own which is a lot. There will also be musings on tournaments and list building.

No comments:

Post a Comment